Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bridal Body Shapes: What Dress Should I Wear?


Hellloo all of you beautiful Brides!! It's been a while since I've written but I've got something special for you this time! We always hear girls asking "what dress would look good on my body?" or "I can't wear that shape because of...." SOOOO, we thought we would use our lovely snowy Sunday to try bridal gowns on the Blog girls that you've come to know...

Amber: 5'2", I'm built like a boy, extremely short (read: THICK) waisted. I did cheat and wear heels but what short girl wouldn't?!
















Left: Alfred Angelo, gorgeous gown but it made me look even more square than I am.
Right: Grandma, this is THE DRESS!! Maggie Sottero's Alicia, PRETTY PLEASE?!? I felt tall and the sparkling detail really made me look like I have a waistline! PERFECTION!















Left: Maggie Sottero's Kendra looked alright but made me look shorter.
Right: Another Maggie named Felisha, I really like it, made me feel like a princess and it has POCKETS!!


Kacia: 5'6" She describes herself as pear-shaped and even though she's 20 and not engaged, we're pretty sure her ACTUAL wedding dress is one that we tried on today. It looks sooo amazing!!
















Left: Maggie Sottero Bernadette. This is dress would look gorgeous on the right girl but did nothing to accentuate Kacia's curves. NEXT!
Right: Maggie Sottero's Rachel. THIS WILL BE HER GOWN!!! LOOK at how adorable this is with a cupcake crinoline underneath for amazing volume. The waist hits her exactly where she's tiny and it looks PHENOMENAL!














Left: A very Spanish look that is fitted all the way down the thigh. Again looks good, but not amazing.
Right: This is much better with the tight sparkly waistline and full skirt but still not my fav.

Rachel: 5'9" She describes herself as curvy but wait til you see the hourglass figure on this girl! Jayne Mansfield would be jealous!!
















Left: Designs By Valerie, This is a beautiful gown but doesn't show off her tiny waist enough for my taste.
Right: I just LOVED Maggie Sottero's Jenna on her. It accentuates all of her amazing curves with a sweatheart neckline, tiny waist and very full taffeta skirt. LOVE!













Left: Ronald Joyce's Sandra. We loved this on her but she wasn't as in love. Sometimes even if the dress looks great, its not right for that girl and her personality.
Right: Maggie Sottero's Venecia has a fabulously textured full skirt and a very fashion forward detailing but I just wasn't in love with it today.
















Here are a few just for fun shots!














I hope you enjoyed our pictures, I know we had a BLAST taking them!


~Amber