Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Kacia's Winter Wonderland

Hello all you beautiful brides!





Now I know we're all terribly sick of the snow and the cold by now, and I am no excpetion! Bring on the sunshine and the springtime! However, seeing as Jess and Christina both did blogs in the past about their dream weddings I thought I'd tell you a little bit about mine. I'm a bit on the non-traditional side so I have been dreaming of a winter wonderland wedding!






So first things first... you can't start off a good wedding without a great ring! My dream ring MUST be silver. I also love love love a great square cut diamond. The first ring is a very delicate, simple ring with a gorgeous diamond that I would pair with a wedding band in all silver, although perhaps a few extra diamonds around it might not hurt :) I also love the other ring on the left. It has quite a bit more bling to it but still has all the elements I love.










Another MUST is the perfect date. For me, with my current "boy toy" at least, that date is January 27th. It was the day of our first date and has marked our "anniversary" for two years since. Obviously now you see why my theme has to be a winter wonderland... Wisconsin... in January... enough said. :)





The next part of my winter wonderland dream is perhaps the most important of all... the dress! I chose "Rachael" by Maggie Sottero. I absolutely adore this dress. The simple yet very elegant Taffeta Ballgown is to die for! I would of course have the dress in white, it's bodice and skirt resembling a beautiful undisturbed snow and the beadwork at the natural waist would give me a perfect figure and add to the "ice" illusion. Now, I'm not generally one for jackets but I love the beaded bolero, and I'd probably need it in the middle of January.













Next... bridesmaids. Bridesmaids are an easy choice for me. You see I have 4 best friends that I've known since kindergarten, an adorable younger sister, and of course my lovely work pal Jess. All of these girls are absolutely stick thin so there's no worry about style. The dress I chose is Bill Levkoff style 327 and I'm going to do it in 3 different colors. My 2 maids of honor... yes two... I cannot chose... will be in European Royal Blue. Followed by the next two in European Sky Blue, and then the last two in European Silver. Of course, I know it's not very traditional to do short bridesmaids' dresses in the dead of winter but this is my favorite dress and in the dark colors no one can complain.














My wedding will be a very traditional church wedding. The pews will be decorated with white tule and lace and blue ribbons to continue with my "ice effect". I've also been thinking it would be lovely to do a night wedding! Now, in January, night can probably be as early as six o'clock but can't you just imagine the darkened windows... a candle glowing in each sill and the alter positively glowing with candles. It would be magical.





The reception hall will be a sight to behold. There will be icicle twinkle lights everywhere, around the bridal party table, on the ceiling, over the doorways. It's going to be a twinkling world of white and blue. Now keep in mind that these next few pictures are just ones I found on the internet for representation and of course are not in the exact right colors so you must imagine them in MY blues.










And finally... the cake. Now the one I picked has flowers on it so instead you should picture snowflakes. I didn't even begin to think about what types of flowers my maids and I would have but you can be sure they's be well adorned with crystals and other "icicle" looking shapes.





Well, thank you all for reading this week! I really hope you enjoyed my winter wonderland and I can hardly wait until I get to figure out the real details of my wedding! Until next time!

Thanks!

-Kacia